Sunday, December 24, 2023

The 2024 Pick Your Poison Reading Challenge



Wow.  Where did 2023 go? I feel like I blinked and suddenly I'm packing my bags to head home for the holidays.  I have about five books still to read to meet last year's goal and I'm not sure I'll make it!

 I always feel like I need to add a little something interesting in this introduction to be creative and fun and bond with everyone.  But then I think about all those online recipes where you have to scroll through a 28 page summary of the author's childhood before you can learn how to make their special lemonade (squeeze lemons into pitcher, add sugar, water and ice to taste) and I realize that maybe I just have to say ENJOY!!!!






As always, here is a google docs spreadsheet where you can track your books. and here is a printable pdf for your convenience.

Lots of extra special thanks to my friend Karly McCutchan for the wonderful graphics this year.  If you're looking for someone to do graphic design work for you, check out her awesome website.








 

8 comments:

  1. really excited for this year's challenge. I got side tracked by life last year but I'm going to plan out my books better this time :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. So excited for this! But I did notice that "A book with a fruit in the title" is listed twice in two separate categories. Was that intentional?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aack! Thanks for catching that. I start to get cross eyed doing so many of these and always seem to miss at least one typo or duplicate. I updated the spreadsheet to "vegetable" for the first one and asked Karly if she could update the main version for me.

      I almost had two "cheesy books", too!

      Delete
    2. Oh no, vegetable is harder! Lol That will be a fun scavenger hunt

      Delete
    3. If you don't mind reading children's books, I read Creepy Carrots this past year and really enjoyed it.

      Delete
  3. I'm back for another round! So glad you keep doing this--and that you keep coming up with amazing categories.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I finished a 'Baker's Dozen' in 2023 and have just started my 2024 Reading Challenge today. I will be aiming for 'Fortnightly' this year, starting with the New Year's Resolutions category and 'a book with a title that sounds like exercise', with 'Exile and the Kingdom' by Albert Camus. Happy reading everyone!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Any suggested reads for the Oregon Trail prompt? Really having a hard time with that whole section.

    ReplyDelete